Photography TourDo you aspire to take superb photos when you travel? Would you like to explore the culture of Spain, capturing your memories on camera like a pro? Imagine up-close photo shoots with flamenco dancers and a famous bullfighter, where you hone your craft and take stunning images - forget the "auto" setting forever.
Spain is a photographer’s dream; the light, architecture, vibrant colour and culture are unique, and we are proud to launch our inaugural photography and culture tour.
Fine art photographer Nathan Coe, represented by Cavalier Galleries in Nantucket and New York, will join his brother Manni Coe of TOMA & COE on this six-day extravaganza of culture, food, and photography in Southern Spain.
Alongside compelling cultural insights from tour curator and Andalucian expert Manni, you will enjoy a week of expert digital photography tuition by Nathan, an acclaimed photographer, whose work appears in Vogue, Town and Country, Harper Collins and more.
Through your camera you will understand why visitors become so enchanted by Andalucia, with its hugely varied, dramatic landscapes, flamenco, gastronomy, and ancient architecture. And in true TOMA & COE style, the whole trip will be wrapped up in boutique hotels, fine food and some unforgettable experiences that we have laid on especially for you.
So pack your camera and your creativity, and get ready to see Spain in a whole new light through your photographer’s lens…
- Granada, with the Alhambra Palace and the Albaícin Moorish Quarter. The magnificent Alhambra is one of the most photographed monuments in Spain – when you see it you will realise why!
- Cordoba and the Mezquita, the Jewish Quarter and a Mudejar-style Chapel where you can learn about architectural photography and the play of colour and light inside some of the most ancient and important buildings in southern Spain.
- Seville, where we will explore some of the traditional and best-known emblems of Andalucia, with visits to some of Spain’s most photographed scenes and monuments in Seville – your expert tuition with Nathan is sure to bring new light on these much-loved icons.
- The “Pueblos Blancos” in Andalucia; Vejer de la Frontera in the province of Cadiz. We will practice how best to capture those iconic sugar-cube vistas that makes Andalucia so special, before heading to the wild, dramatic coastline of Cadiz.
- Ronda where we will hone our new skills in landscape photography with a trip along Mr Henderson's Railway. This journey takes us through some of the most stunning countryside in Europe and up to the specacular town of Ronda.
- We will also enjoy a very special visit to a private bull-breeding reserve outside Ronda, where you have the option to join in a special photo-shoot with a bullfighter, as well as a chance to capture these magnificent animals in their natural surroundings.
About the tour
This 6-night/6-day tour of Andalucia is brimming with surprises and special visits. The group of photographers will be limited in number (maximum of 10) to ensure each person has individual time with Nathan, and we will visit some inspiring places where you can practice your art, learn some new skills, and take home a whole library of cherished memories from Andalucia.
All levels are welcome, from beginner photographers through to seasoned pros, travel photographers, journalists, or those who just want to add an extra dimension to their travels in Spain.
We have carefully selected all venues, hotels and restaurants for their visual appeal as well as their delightful food, and of course, your accommodation will be high-end and sumptuous. The small group will be personally guided by the Coe brothers for an unforgettable photographic adventure in Spain.
Please enquire for prices
The course offers only 10 places so each participant can receive personal coaching with Nathan. Please enquire for pricing.
- Luxury hotel accommodation and meals in each destination
- Cultural visits with entrance fees included in Granada, Cordoba, Seville, Vejer and Ronda
- Photography tuition in workshops and on location with Nathan
- Themed photo shoots laid on for especially for the tour
Prices in euros, based on sharing a twin room, excluding single room supplements, gratuities, after-dinner drinks, room service and airport-hotel transfers.
Granada can be reached by rail or bus from Malaga, or by air from Barcelona and Madrid. Ronda is 1.5 hours from Malaga airport, which can be reached by bus; alternatively, transfers can be arranged on the departure day (price not included). Please ask for details.
Places are limited to a maximum of 8 to 10 guests.