Cooking School In AracenaThis gourmet cookery tour in Andalucia will delight even the most dedicated foodies, as we enjoy the finest food and wine from this hidden gastronomic corner.
We will explore Spanish gastronomy on this 5-night tour, discovering local ingredients, food pairing, cooking skills and other secrets, all washed down with delicious wine and interesting conversation. This food tour explores one of the most beautiful and unspoilt corners of Andalucia, and is hosted in partnership with some great friends who are experts in all things gastronomia! The Sierra de Aracena is located north of Seville, and has a wealth of natural goodness just waiting to be discovered.
- Cook using home-grown and local produce with expert tuition
- Learn how to prepare Andalucian and Spanish dishes, enjoying the fruits of your labour at our gala dinners
- Enjoy expert presentations from your guide - discover the secrets of Duende and Al-Andalus
- Visits with your private guide are also included; enjoy local villages, the oldest mosque in Andalucia, and meals out to sample to local cuisine
- The final night in Seville is the icing on the cake, as we take a walk through the historical old town and enjoy some of the best tapas in Spain
About the tour
The tour takes place in the Sierra de Aracena, famous for Jamón Serrano (cured ham) and chestnut forests, stunning natural beauty and total tranquility.
TOMA & COE have teamed up with our good friends who have lived in the area for 30 years to bring you this unique 5-day experience of cooking, walking and visiting the local sights in this part of Andalucia. The charming house where we will be based was designed and built by its adventurous and visionary owners over 30 years ago. It sits atop a wooded hill like a jewel in a crown and enjoys immense peace and quiet. The house will become one of your fondest memories of this holiday… and then there are our hosts!
Our bountiful hosts have been opening their home to visitors ever since they built it and their unfailing hospitality is the key ‘selling point’ for our tour. The house could be beautiful and the food might be gorgeous, but if the welcome wasn’t warm and the hosts gregarious, the experience wouldn’t be half as fabulous as it is. At 5 o’clock a cork is popped and the conversations flow until bedtime. TOMA & COE is delighted to share with our guests these exquisite examples of human generosity.
Our ‘chef’ is gourmet-trained, and as well as being highly entertaining, she is very informative and will answer all your culinary questions. All cooking produce will be local – think Iberian Pork, mountain lamb, and game when in season. Their very own kitchen garden provides a whole range of vegetables and herbs: tomatoes, potatoes, aubergines, green beans, peppers, courgettes, basil, mint, thyme, rosemary, parsley and coriander.
Prices from ...... per person
Please enquire for pricing.
- Travel from Seville
- Buffet breakfasts at our accommodations
- Lunches and dinners as indicated each day in the detailed itinerary with water, wine and beer. This particular tour is FULL BOARD. It includes every meal from dinner on day 1, through to breakfast on day 6.
- All ingredients and tuition during your cooking classes
- A welcome drink with your hosts
- Local Spanish-speaking tour manager accompanying the group with room/board
- Entrance fees at sights mentioned in the itinerary
- Presentations from your tour guide
(A note on tier pricing. As TOMA&COE is a boutique agency working with small groups, prices may vary slightly. Prices will be less with full occupancy of 8 clients.)