Horseback Riding in the Andalucian Countryside
Andalucia is a magnificent setting for horse riding holidays in Spain, and now with Toma Tours you can enjoy the freedom of rural Andalucia on horseback, exploring some of the most picturesque scenery in Spain.
This horse riding holiday takes place in hills of Ronda near Malaga and Cadiz, and is the perfect way to take in the fresh air and spring blossoms that bring Andalucia to life every Spring.
Our 5 day short break is carefully organised so you can experience the very best of rural Spain on horseback, with experts riding alongside. You will enjoy daily guided horse trekking, while back at your hotels the staff will be ready to welcome you with the best local food and wine from Andalucia after an invigorating day out with your trusted companion.
The route we have chosen passes through verdant countryside, skirting white villages and opening up to reveal beautiful scenery around every corner.
Your Tour at a Glance – join our April 2015 departure or book at any time as a private tour
- A 5 day/ 5 night horse riding holiday staying in select boutique hotels with bed and breakfast.
- Along the route we will enjoy 5 gentle horseback rides which have been carefully chosen to highlight the most scenic parts of the journey
- Spot many fascinating species of wildlife along the route.
- Work up an appetite to enjoy the excellent food and wine of Andalucia, offered by some of our favourite places along the way
- Strictly limited to only – book your space now!
Itinerary for the Spring 2015 Horseback Riding Holiday in Andalucia
Day 1, April 6th
Arrival in Malaga and transfer to award winning boutique hotel, Almohalla 51 for overnight stay.
Day 2, April 7th
We will make our way towards Gaucin to begin our first horse ride, stopping for lunch before collecting the horses in the afternoon from La Almuña.
From there we will enjoy a gentle afternoon of horse trekking of around 2 hours over Smuggler’s Way into the village of Gaucin. We will leave the horses in their field and meet the minibus to go up to our boutique hotel in the village.
Staying overnight at boutique Hotel la Fructuosa, your luggage will be taken in the van.
Day 3, April 8th
Today is a full day horse ride with a picnic lunch in a picturesque spot, arriving at Cortes de la Frontera in the afternoon. Here, we will get even closer to nature with a night in a Yurt, while the horses graze in the adjacent field.
Dinner will be served by our Glamping hosts at the Yurt Hotel.
Day 4, April 9th
Today we will be riding “Mr Henderson´s Railway”, a real treat for nature lovers. First we will head to Jimena for lunch, and then onwards to our wonderful overnight accommodation at the Molino del Santo in Benaojan.
Luggage will be brought in advance and a car will be waiting for you at the horses field to take you to the hotel.
Day 5, April 10th
This will be a magnificent long horse trek on the high ridges, and over the pass into Ronda
We will stay overnight at the Hotel Montelirio in Suites with views on the Tajo Gorge in Ronda, and our farewell dinner will be at Restaurant Almocabar in Ronda.
Day 6, April 11th
Transfer back to Malaga for your onward travel home.
The price of this 5 day horse riding holiday is per person, based on sharing a double/twin room, and will be €1,499 + vat which includes:
- 5 nights’ accommodation staying in boutique hotels with buffet breakfasts
- 3 lunches, on days 2, 3, and 4 during horse trekking days.
- Transport between hotels and transfers to and from Malaga Airport.
- Local Spanish-speaking tour manager accompanying the group
- Support vehicle and riding guide
- Horses and horse transport, and riding as outlined.
Tour Cost Does Not Include:
- Tipping to tour manager
- Evening meals or drinks
- Any extra hotel nights that may be needed or desired
- Personal expenses such as laundry, phone calls, room service, minibar charges, after dinner drinks etc.
Guests are expected to be in reasonable fitness and have experience riding horseback on uneven terrain.
Book this tour now by emailing info@tomatours .com or phone us on +34 650 733 116 – Spaces are strictly limited to only 4 guests.
Can’t make these dates? Book this itinerary at any time as part of your own private bespoke tour in Andalucia