The Olive Farm Experience: a journey back in timeJoin us for a journey through time and experience life on an Andalucian olive farm dating back to the late 19th Century.
- Visit a 15th century chapel in a beautiful hillside town with stunning views
- Learn about the history of olive oil, from the grove to the bottle
- Travel back through time as you are taken on a tour of a classic Spanish farmhouse
- Enjoy an olive oil tasting, with a small bottle to take away with you at the end of the day!
- Enjoy a delicious homemade lunch in the peaceful surroundings of a country farmhouse
About the tour
Our day-long tour from Malaga starts with a scenic drive through the Andalucian countryside. We will stop in the charming town of Archidona and pay a visit to a stunning 15th-century chapel- perched atop a hillside overlooking the houses below.
Upon arrival at the olive farm- nestled in the fields beyond the town -our knowledgeable guide will lead you on a tour of the cortijo.
Here you will learn of the painstaking processes involved in the cultivation and production of Andalucia’s most important export: olive oil.
Guests will even be encouraged to have a go at collecting some olives themselves during the harvesting season, before heading back to the farm for a guided oil tasting.
This will be followed by a homemade lunch of seasonal local dishes, in the peaceful surroundings of the farmhouse with sweeping views of the olive groves beyond.
As if that weren’t enough, guests will also be provided with their own bottle of olive oil to take away with them as a memento at the end of the day, before being driven home through the stunning landscapes of rural Andalucia.