Horseriding and MindfulnessAndalucia is a magnificent setting for horse riding holidays in Spain, and now with TOMA&COE you can enjoy the freedom of rural Andalucia on horseback, exploring some of the most picturesque scenery in Spain.
Experience a unique approach to horse training and lifestyle through the guidance of Dan, our ride leader as he guides us through his incredible grasp of horsemanship through his "Mañana" approach. With grit and determination, but without the added stress of time limits and contraints, he trains his horses with a gentle approach.
We can take many of these same lessons across into our own personal lives, as we learn to take the pressure off our ourselves and those around us. Don't feel obliged to book your place on this tour as a part of a group, you are more than welcome to join us as a solo traveller.
If you are an experienced rider, you will love the terrain and the horses who are specially trained to deal with the rugged and sometimes challenging terrain.
Alongside the riding, we will be leading an approach to mindfullness, to slowing down and to a detox from the digital world. Encouraging our guests to leave their devices and gadgets at base camp, we will be concentrating instead on the natural world, the silences, the light as Dan, our leader, explains to us through practical exercices and small talks, his approach to horse training and his philosophy on life. Our busy lives will be left at home as we stretch our bodies and imaginations along this incredible route.
- A 5-day/5-night horse riding holiday staying in select boutique hotels with bed and breakfast.
- Along the route we will enjoy 5 gentle horseback rides which have been carefully chosen to highlight the most scenic parts of the area
- A mindfullness approach to slowing down and detoxing from the digital world.
- Work up an appetite to enjoy the excellent food and wine of Andalucia, offered by some of our favourite places along the way
- Learn horsemanship from Dan, a real life Buckaroo from Oregon, USA
About the tour
This horse-riding holiday is located in hills of Ronda near Malaga and Cadiz, and is the perfect way to take in the blue skies, fresh air and autumnal colours that bring Andalucia to life at this delightful time of year.
Our 5-day short break is carefully designed so you can experience the very best of rural Spain on horseback, with experts riding alongside. You will enjoy daily guided horse-trekking, while back at your hotels the staff will be ready to welcome you with the best local food and wine from Andalucia after an invigorating day out with your trusted companion.
The route we have chosen passes through verdant countryside, skirting white villages and opening up to reveal beautiful scenery around every corner.
Day 1 (D)
Arrival in Malaga and travel to Gaucín and La Fructuosa Hotel.
Day 2 (B, L, D)
We will make our way towards Gaucin to begin our first horse ride, stopping for lunch before collecting the horses in the afternoon from La Almuña. From there we will enjoy a gentle afternoon of around 2 hours’ horse-trekking of over Smuggler’s Way into the village of Gaucin. We will leave the horses in their field and head to our boutique hotel in the village.
Staying overnight at boutique Hotel la Fructuosa.
Day 3 (B, L, D)
Today is a full-day horse ride with a picnic lunch in a picturesque spot, arriving at Cortes de la Frontera in the afternoon. Here, we will get even closer to nature. While horses graze in an adjacent field, we will travel back to La Fructuosa for a second night.
Dinner will be served at the hotel.
Day 4 (B, L, D)
Today we will be riding “Mr Henderson’s Railway”, a real treat for nature lovers. First we will head to Jimena for lunch, and then onwards to our wonderful overnight accommodation at the Molino del Santo in Benaojan.
Day 5 (B, L, D)
This will be a magnificent long horse trek on the high ridges, and over the pass into Ronda.
We will stay overnight at the Hotel Montelirio in Ronda, with views of the Tajo Gorge, and our farewell dinner will be at Restaurant Almocabar in Ronda.
Day 6 (B)
Head back to Malaga for your onward travel home.
Prices from ...... per person
Please enquire for pricing.
- 5 nights’ accommodation staying in boutique hotels with buffet breakfasts
- 5 lunches, some of which will be picnics
- 5 Dinners *alcohol and wine not included
- Our real life Buckaroo horse leader
- TOMA & COE tour manager accompanying the group
- Horses and horse transport, and riding as outlined.
Tour Cost Does Not Include:
- Tipping to tour manager and ride leader
- Drinks with evening meals
- Any extra hotel nights that may be needed or desired
- Personal expenses such as laundry, phone calls, room service, minibar charges, after dinner drinks etc.
Guests are expected to be in reasonable fitness and have experience riding horseback on uneven terrain.